WeGovy is used in the management of weight loss, an injectable Semaglutide.
The glucose and appetite effects are specifically mediated via GLP-1 receptors in the pancreas and the brain.
Weight Loss Benefits
Semaglutide reduces body weight and body fat mass through lowered energy intake, involving an overall reduced appetite.
Reduce Blood Sugar
Reduces blood glucose in a glucose-dependent manner by stimulating insulin secretion and lowering glucagon secretion.
What is WeGovy (Semaglutide)?
Wegovy™ (semaglutide) injection 2.4 mg is an injectable prescription medicine used for adults with obesity (BMI ≥30) or overweight (excess weight) (BMI ≥27) who also have weight-related medical problems to help them lose weight and keep the weight off.
- Wegovy™ should be used with a reduced calorie meal plan and increased physical activity.
- Wegovy™ contains semaglutide and should not be used with other semaglutide-containing products or other GLP-1 receptor agonist medicines.
- It is not known if Wegovy™ is safe and effective when taken with other prescription, over-the-counter, or herbal weight loss products.
- It is not known if Wegovy™ can be used safely in people with a history of pancreatitis.
- It is not known if Wegovy™ is safe and effective for use in children under 18 years of age.
How do you administer WeGovy (Semaglutide)
Once weekly, on the same day each week, at any time of day
- The time of day and the injection site can be changed without dose adjustment
With or without meals
- Subcutaneously in the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm
- Only administer if solution is clear, colorless, and contains no particle